Greg Fitzpatrick, Inc.
Custom Home Builder
Greg Fitzpatrick, Inc. Custom Home Builder specializes in making energy efficient home construction affordable to you. Here are some areas of our interest and expertise. Please contact us to discuss your building ideas; we look forward to hearing from you.
- Energy efficient new home construction - We guide our clients to the products and construction methods that best balance efficiency and value. We can show you how energy efficiency can be made affordable both initially as well as save your family money on heating costs while making your home more comfortable throughout the year.
- Sustainable "Green" home building - Every new home should be energy efficient, responsible to the environment, and healthy to live in. These goals are central to our construction. We are committed to incorporating green innovation into our new homes and are Energy Star partner builders and members of the U.S. Green Building Council.
- New home design services - We can provide you with a variety of our existing house plans or we can assist you in developing your vision into workable building plans.
- Land and Home packages - We can help you locate the perfect lot location for your new home.
We are also committed to building your new home in compliance with EPA guidelines for Radon resistant construction standards. These construction techniques have been proven to reduce Radon levels. Reducing Radon levels will lower the risk of Radon induced lung cancer.These construction methods include:
- Install perforated pipe below the basement floor and backfill with coarse gravel
- Install a vapor barrier over the gravel to inhibit Radon and soil gasses from entering the building envelope
- Install a vent pipe vertically from below the gravel through the building envelope and roof. This will safely vent Radon and other soil gases outside the house
- Seal all openings in the concrete foundation walls and floor with polyurethane caulk
- Install an electrical junction box in the attic for a future Radon vent fan should it ever be required
Learn more about Radon and your home at EPA.gov
"Greg is very professional and meticulous. What sets him apart from other contractors is his attention to detail. He treated the construction of our house as if it were his own."